Nowadays the most widely used portable generators are inverter generators. They are known for their portability and efficiency. The best inverter generator would be one that is easy to carry. It should be able to produce significant power. There should be an available option to consume less fuel and a price to performance ratio greater than 1. Characterizing their properties helps us make our choice.
Today, inverter generators are everywhere. Their popularity has increased as more advanced technology is developed. The overall cost to own and operate the superior quality inverter generator has drastically decreased, resulting in mass sales worldwide. Not just cost, the methods of using an inverter generator have also been made simpler. One such feature is that any user with minimum experience and know-how can now operate inverter generators.
An Excellent generator would consume the least amount of fuel while giving out the most power simultaneously. It would also have various uses ranging from USB cables for charging electronics to jump-starting a car battery. Not only that, but it should also be a good power generator for outdoor camping or picnics. These are just some necessary uses that every portable generator must possess to earn the title of being an inverter generator.
The best portable inverter generator would be eco-friendly. This factor is related to the sense that it would consume less fuel. This would primarily occur when it is not under a large load by throttling its engine down to meet the attached load. This is irrespective of producing the same power continuously. This way, the total cost to operate the inverter generator would significantly drop.
Another property of the high-quality inverter generator is its price to performance ratio, which would be greater than 1. This indicates that it is giving better performance per dollar. The factor of price is also compared to other options in its category. Only a few specific inverter generators qualify in the test. This is where their total performance per dollar is greater than 1, resulting in less operating cost than its wholesale price.
Inverter generators come in different sizes. Their size is related to their power generation ratings. Since portable inverter generators have a wide range of uses, their sizes vary according to their uses. However, for tasks such as outdoor camping or picnics, larger inverter generators are preferred. You will notice that these inverter generators are still portable compared to standard generators.
Even the smallest inverter generator is more than capable of producing high power when it comes to performance. This is possible for virtually any outdoor task. The inverter technology used in inverter generators is made after years of research and development. It has been beneficial to the average consumer. Now it is accessible to the general public, and its operating methods are simple. They are easy enough for an average consumer to understand.
When it comes to inverter generators, you stand to gain significant benefits over standard fuel-powered brands. Although inverter generators create far less power than regular models, they operate more quietly and conserve lots more energy. So if you’re looking to purchase a high-quality generator, we can help you select the best portable inverter generator for your needs.
Best Portable Inverter Generators Reviews:
Best Overall Pick: Briggs and Stratton P2200
The P2200 from Briggs & Stratton’s Power offers Surge Watts as 2200 Watts and 1700 Watts as Running power. this model makes 59 dB noise at 25 % load. IN terms of machine power the noise level is considerably low with other brands like Honda. During the power outage by using its clean power we can get back up for 8 hours. P2200 have some great feature Included, Like USB ports. It’s a useful extra for us, especially for those who go outdoor camping. we can load any sensitive electronics. It may be not the quietest model but it has more to offer for our electrical devices.
Moreover, this P2200 Portable Inverter Generator includes:
- One 12V-5A, DC Outlet along with USB Adapter
- Two 120V Household Outlets for electrical load.
- One Parallel Port for residential users.
- Two years Consumer and 1-year Commercial Limited Warranty
Briggs and Stratton P2200 Features:
- Generates 2,000 cranking watts with 1,600 running watts of cleaner, safer power for sensitive electronics such as phones, televisions, laptops, and other electronics
- Complete with A-iPower’s “Low Idle” technology for extended runtime of 4 hours at 100% charge and 7 hours at 50% charge.
- Powerful 79cc 4-stroke OHV engine provides sufficient power supply and still runs with the ultra-quiet operation of just 52 decibels
- Lightweight and compact at just 48 pounds to make your tailgate or camping experience as smooth as possible
- Equipped with a low oil warning light and low oil auto shut off so your generator stays efficient year after year.
- Noise level: 59 dB at 25 % load
[i2pc show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”POSITIVES:” cons_title=”NEGATIVES:” ][i2pros]Ensures regular, efficient performances at low operating costs
The compact design makes it portable
Included USB ports are a useful extra, especially for those who go outdoor camping.[/i2pros][i2cons]Low output power production
Small 1 gallon fuel tank[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Best Runner Up: Westinghouse WGen5300s Generator
As with other high-end fuel-efficient portable inverter generators, Westinghouse WGen5300s also introduced USB ports as available outlets. While the appeal is trendy, you will find that this generator can easily accommodate USB cable devices with a plug. We can easily plug any sensitive electronic device in. In terms of power level, it’s another popular model in the market. It’s one of the largest inverter generators in the price range of $500.
This amazing Westinghouse WGen5300s Generator offers:
- Two 5-20R 20A 120V electricity Outlets for essential appliances.
- One 120/240 Volt Switch Selector for sensitive devices in our house.
- A TT-30R 30A 120V electricity outlet.
- One L14-30R 30A 120/240V twist-lock outlet
Westinghouse WGen5300s Features:
- 6,600 watts peak power and 5,300 watts in operation; Electric start; 4.7-gallon fuel tank with fuel gauge; Up to 14.5 hours of Run Time with 120/240 V volt selector switch
- Includes a Duplex 5-20R 120V Household Socket, a TT-30R 30A RV Ready Socket, and a 30A L14-30R Switch Ready Socket; All sockets have rubber covers for added security.
- Includes a Duplex 5-20R 120V Household Socket, a TT-30R 30A RV Ready Socket, and a 30A L14-30R Switch Ready Socket; All sockets have rubber covers for added security.
- Comes with oil, oil funnel, tool kit, wheelset, and instruction manual so you can get started right out of the box
- Driven by a Westinghouse 4-stroke 274 cc OHV engine with a durable cast iron sleeve with automatic low-oil shutdown
[i2pc show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”POSITIVES:” cons_title=”NEGATIVES:” ][i2pros]Capable of producing high amounts of power with maximum efficiency
WGen5300s certified by CARB as a low pollution emitting generator.
A large 4.7-gallon fuel tank allows the generator to operate for up to 13.5 hours. [/i2pros][i2cons]Overall operating cost is larger due to its high fuel consumption.
Does not have USB ports [/i2cons][/i2pc]
Best Lightweight: Westinghouse igen2200 Generator
The Westinghouse iGen22000 gas-powered invertible generator is one of the most lightweight machines on the market. By using this model charging multiple electronic devices at the same time is easy. It is convenient, provided they operate around 150 peak watts and lie within 100 running watts. In terms of the level of control over other conventional generators, it’s the best model in the market. It was 2020 best inverter generator too,
The equipment comes with Westinghouse igen2200 accessories:
- Two USB outlets for household appliances.
- A handy pouch for carrying additional tools
- Two 120 Volts 20-amp outlets can be useable for larger appliances
Westinghouse igen2200 Features
- 1800 watts nominal and 2200 watts peak at less than 3% THD – weighs only 46 lbs. – This Gas-powered – Two 120 V 20 A sockets, two USB sockets.
- A great choice for home use as an emergency backup in the event of a power failure – Powerful enough to carry all your essentials around home.
- Extremely quiet, extremely fuel-efficient: only 52 dBA noise development and 12 hours of running time on a 1.14 gal. (4.3 L) – including “economy mode” for maximum fuel efficiency.
- Best inverter generator under $500
[i2pc show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”POSITIVES:” cons_title=”NEGATIVES:” ][i2pros]Lightweight and easy to transport
Low noise output and quiet operation make it Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator.
Versatile use for sensitive electronics
The Price range of this quiet generator is perfect for me[/i2pros][i2cons]Leaky carburetor like other traditional generators
This Westinghouse inverter generator a bit tough to start[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Most Quiet: Wen 56200i Power Inverter Generator
WEN 56200i portable gas-powered inverter generator has a lot to offer. It is highly reliable, clean-burning, and energy-efficient. It provides excellent value for money over any traditional generator and is the best cheap inverter generator for providing additional backup power. It is the ideal standby generator for essential power when using small construction tools like hand saws and drills.
There were some issues with removing the side pane to access the carburetor filter. However, WEN 562001i is the first choice for many who like its size, price, smooth operation, and fuel efficiency. In terms of sound levels, it’s another popular model in the market.
There’s a multi-purpose control panel that offers:
- 2 three-prong 120 Volts receptacles for sensitive devices.
- One 12 Volts DC receptacle for household appliances
- One 5V USB port
- 3-in-one on/off choke switch
WEN 56200i 2000-Watt Portable powerful Inverter Generator Features
- Generates 2000 cranking watts with 1,600 running watts of cleaner, safer power for sensitive electronics such as phones, televisions, laptops, and other electronics
- produces clean power to safely operate and prevent damage to sensitive electronics such as phones, tablets, televisions, and computers
- Powerful 79cc 4-stroke OHV engine provides sufficient power supply and still runs with the ultra-quiet operation of just 53 decibels
- Lightweight and compact at just 50 pounds to make your tailgate or camping experience as smooth as possible
- Runtime: 9.4 hours @ ¼ load
[i2pc show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”POSITIVES:” cons_title=”NEGATIVES:” ][i2pros]Affordable price along with the energy-saving mode
Multi-purpose charging system
Weatherproof operation[/i2pros][i2cons]The unit is a bit tall.
Its fuel shut-off can be faulty.[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Best Budget: A-iPower SUA2000iV Quiet Inverter Generator
The A-iPower SUA2000iV inverter generator can be considered as the best Budget portable generator for camping. This single tank backup generator has the capability is all you need to extend the operating time for much-needed backup power. It offers several outlets and USB port capacity for every kind of tool and appliance.
During the comparison time, we found a significant number of users appreciate the reliable service, smooth operation, and high-quality design of the inverter generator. Some also appreciate it’s easy to set up on the project fields, and the eco-mode saves energy while protecting your equipment from power surges. The built-in fuel gauge indicator is another popular feature that alerts you when to refill the tank. Maybe it’s not best for heavy-duty use but with a better screen, it can help us a lot to enjoy our life.
This affordable inverter generator additional accessories include:
- 5V USB outlet for sensitive applications
- EZ Start System
- Overload alarm
- Eco-mode/Low idle mode
- Multi-switch start choke-run-off
A-iPower SUA2000iV 2000 Watt Inverter Generator Plenty Features are
- Generates 2,000 starting watts with 1,600 running watts of cleaner, safer power for sensitive electronics such as telephones, televisions, laptops, and other electronics
- Equipped with the “Low Idle” technology from A-iPower for an extended runtime of 4 hours at 100% load and 7 hours at 50% load
- Equipped with a low oil warning light and an automatic low oil shutdown, which helps to ensure that your generator remains efficient year after year
- The powerful 79 cc 4-stroke OHV engine delivers plenty of electrical power and runs extremely quietly at just 58 decibels
- Lightweight and compact at just 46 pounds to make your tailgate or camping experience as smooth as possible
[i2pc show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”POSITIVES:” cons_title=”NEGATIVES:” ][i2pros]Smooth, quiet operation
Clean energy emissions
Best Portable inverter generator for camping
Portable and easy to handle[/i2pros][i2cons]The gas may leak from the hose connection
A bit hard to start[/i2cons][/i2pc]
How to Choose the Best portable Inverter Generator:
Knowing Where You Need To Use It
It can be hard to realize the importance of this choice. You see, where you will need this inverter will have a lot to do with its type and power output selection. It will help you determine the small inverter generator for your place is.
Off-grid living spaces such as recreational vehicles or remote cabins will require inverter generators to give a power output of 1500 watts or more. The portability of the inverter generator in such areas has excellent value. This makes its setup easy. The use of generators in such areas helps favor entertainment appliances’ setup. These devices require a lot of power, which can be challenging to get in such areas.
While inverter generators of 1000 watts are enough as a backup power source for your homes, the best inverter generator for home backup gives a power output of 1000 watts to 2000 watts. They will be able to substantiate for necessary power supply to units such as your security system or garage door.
Required Run Time
The run time that you will be operating this device on will determine its fuel requirement. Generally, fuel inverter generators have a 0.5 to 2.0-liter gas tank. While you may warrant longer run times, this will impact the portability of the unit. You will need to have a bigger gas tank for longer run times.
This is up to you. Whichever feature is more preferable for your case should be your choice. Weigh out your options before making a choice. There are enough market varieties that help you stake your claim over the best inverter generator for the money.
There is a powerful generator that comes with a fuel level indicator. This feature can be very useful during emergency periods, RV trips, or even on construction sites’ jobs.
Portability of Unit
Since the inverter generator engine needs to support the principle of portable power sources, this is a kind of essential feature. At the same time, the definition of portability can vary in most cases. The mobility of the device is usually the claim. This does not mean that the device has to be compact. It can also have features that promote portability. For camping trips, we may find this is another vital issue. It is an emergency source of power.
One such feature in these power units is the support of wheels. You can easily opt for a bigger unit with a longer run time having wheels. I find that compact devices are better as portable power units as compared to enormous ones having wheels.
Noise Pollution Levels
One of the most characteristic features of inverter generators is their quiet operation as compared to conventional generators. However, each machine varies. Companies that integrate motors in these units may substantiate a lot of noise for maximum power output.
This is also dependent on where you need to set up your portable power source. You cannot disturb the environment due to excessive noise. It is estimated that the noise of 59 decibels at 50% load for an inverter generator is higher than the average noise generation.
Size and power output
The size of portable generators is never based on their dimensions. It is usually estimated with their Fuel level with power output capacity. Portable generators are categorized based on this power output. Moreover, the lightest portable generators are the ones giving a power output of fewer than 1000 watts. The estimated weight of these generators is about 70 pounds. Portable generators with power output capacity more fabulous than 2000 watts are designed as carry-on units or carts.
With this estimate, you will assess that the more power output you require, the more prominent your inverter generator will be. Some of the most powerful portable generators are heavy, and their weight ranges from 200 to 300 pounds. The varying designs can give you a range of dimensions to determine the best inverter generator 2021 for you.
Number of Outlets
It would be best if you had several outlets on your portable inverter generator. This allows you to be able to spread the load that the generator is about to take on. The power output is more stable once the load is evenly spread among different outlets. This stability will ensure maximum productivity with lesser chances of device damage. Inverter generators ensure that a stable power supply is provided to all devices connected to outlets.
The best Portable inverter generator reviews conclusion
The choice between unique products is all done based on price to performance. This criterion will help you select the portable power station. The P2200 and the WGen5300s are the best in their respective categories. One option stands out when you compare the total operating cost to the fuel consumed. The total power generated by each product varies.
Think before you buy
Even though the WGen5300 produces more power than the P2200. The P2200 is just better at overall efficiency. Its inverter technology allows it to consume a lot less fuel. All this is possible while producing power at 25 % load continuously for up to 8 hours. This results in a better price to performance score compared to the WGen5300s. The score is not bad since it is a non-inverter and consumes almost five times more fuel. It manages to produce only 2.5 times the total power of the P2200 for relatively less time.
All these factors add up to the fact that the P2200 is the top-quality inverter generator available. The Westinghouse 5300s is a viable runner-up to the P2200. When comparing both products, we can see the best option is quite clear. This is because it gives its owner better performance and is economical in terms of fuel costs. We hope our review helps you select the best portable inverter generator for all your indoor and outdoor power needs.