We’re likely to have extended power disruptions during this time of year due to winter storms. I’d be toast if I had to live without heat or a working fridge for even one day. So I decided to check out some medium-sized portable generators that were reasonably priced. In my research, I discovered that a power range of 3500 to 4000 watts is ideal for balancing weight and performance. Your refrigerator, lights, TV, water heater, and electric stove will all function well with this amount of power. You can even use one of these 4000W generators to run a 15k BTU air conditioner in your camper or RV.
Who can use this Generator?
Overall, the Champion 100573 is a small, lightweight inverter generator that’s best used for:
- RVers who want to take their vacation to a new level.
- Participating in outdoor fairs, festivals, and other activities is expected.
- DIY hobbyists
- Homeowners who wish to utilize their most essential appliances even if there’s a power outage in their area.
- Tailgaters and campers who want to be able to use their power wherever they go.]
Sections to come will include the device’s power characteristics, multiple outlets available, portability, and any other features it may have, such as information on its emission compliance.
How much power can we get, and How much time can this Generator run?
The Champion 100573 is powered by a 224 cc Champion 4-stroke engine that runs on gasoline. Running at 3500W can also deliver a peak power of 4000W at 120V. If you want to double the power, you can connect it to another parallel-capable device (ParaLINK is omitted).
This inverter generator can be started using a standard pull-start mechanism or a beautiful and straightforward electric starter with a noise level of 64 dBA (only a little noisier than an office) (battery included). The 100573 may also be started remotely, making it even more convenient (key fob included).
The 100573’s 2.9-gallon gasoline tank allows it to run for up to 17 hours on a single fill (fuel consumption around 0.17 GPH).
Sensitive electrical devices can be safely plugged into the 100573’s AC outlets since the sine wave it generates is free of total harmonic distortion (THD).
Number of Outlets
The control panel provides the upcoming 3 AC outlets:
- Duplex 120V 20A (5-20R)
- 120V 30A (TT-30R) receptacle
In addition, it provides 1 DC outlet: there’s a 12V 8A receptacle allowing you to easily charge your batteries. This Champion generator is RV Ready, as it features a TT-30R receptacle
Portability of the Generator
A traditional, open-frame design, the Champion 100573 measures L23.5 x W24.8 x H20.5 in and provides support and stability and the ability to raise it above ground level. Outdoors and under challenging conditions, the highlighted design is perfect.
Because the 100573’s dry weight of 96.8 lbs is so light, you may take it wherever you need to power up. It may be readily transported once it is on the ground, thanks to its 8-inch wheel kit and its folding handle.
Features we like about this machine
If the oil level is too low, the generator is ready, or the generator is overloaded, the device’s LED indications will let you know.
A low-oil shut-off feature ensures that you can operate the gadget with complete confidence.
The Champion 100573 also comes with the following accessories: a twin-port USB adaptor, a key fob, and a funnel.
There is a 3-year warranty on the Champion 100573. As stated, this warranty may be limited and may not cover all of the generator’s components.
Champion’s warranty policies are available for your perusal if you’d like to learn more about it (opens in a new tab). You can also get in touch with their Customer Support if you like.
Champion 100573 comparison with other
The following are supplied to give you an idea of how the Champion 100573 generators compare to other generators of similar power (between 3000 and 4000 W).
- The Champion 100573 is within the expected weight range of 3000-4000 rated wattage devices because it weighs 96.8 pounds. The WEN GN400i, which weighs just 66.1 pounds, is one of the best in its power category if weight is your primary concern.
- This inverter generator has a maximum noise level of 64 dBA, which is within the typical range of noise for this type of power generation. If noise emissions are essential to you, one of the smallest noisy generators in this power range is the Cat INV4000E, with only 51 dBA.
- With a full tank and a 25% load, the 100573 has an autonomy of up to 17 hours, putting it in the middle of the pack for comparably powered generators. Moreover, when it comes to run times, the Champion 200914 has the longest run time of the generators with similar power outputs: up to 22 hours.
- Run times are essential, yet thanks to their dependence on the fuel capacity, they should be judged along with the fuel consumption of the device. This inverter generator is relatively fuel-efficient in its power range, consuming an estimated 0.17 GPH (gallon per hour) at a 25% load. The Energizer eZV3500P may be an option if you’re not content with the fuel above consumption. It is one of the most fuel-efficient generators on the market today, with a fuel usage of just 0.13 GPH.
Champion Power Equipment 100573 4000-Watt DH Series Open Frame Inverter Generator
- Advanced Open Frame Inverter Design: 50% quieter and 20% lighter than a traditional Champion 3500-watt generator, plus this inverter only produces Clean Power, and Economy Mode saves fuel
- Wireless Remote Start: The wireless remote key fob allows you to start and stop your inverter from up to 80 feet away, plus the electric push-button start includes a battery
- Quiet Technology and Extended Run Time: 64 dBA is great for RVs, tailgating, your next project or home backup, with 4000 starting watts and 3500 running watts for up to 17 hours run time on gasoline
- Parallel Ready: The optional Parallel Kit allows you to increase your power output even more by connecting up to two 2800-watt or higher inverters or digital hybrids
- Champion Support: Includes 3-year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support from dedicated experts
Champion 100573 generator from Walmart
Champion 100573 generator from other retails
Few points about this Champion inverter generator comparison above
- All prices mentioned above are in United States dollar.
- This product is available at Lowes, eBay, Homedepot, Amazon.com, Walmart.com.
- At lowes.com you can purchase Champion Power Equipment 4000-Watt Gasoline Portable Inverter Generator for only $683.33, which is 25% less than the cost in Amazon.com ($916.85).
- The lowest price of Champion Power Equipment 100573 4000-Watt DH Series Open Frame Inverter Generator was obtained on May 3, 2022 9:18 pm.
Champion 100573 inverter generator Price History
Champion Power Equipment 100573 4000-Watt DH Series Open Frame Inverter Generator, Champion Power Equipment
|Current Price||$916.85||May 23, 2022|
|Highest Price||$916.85||May 23, 2022|
|Lowest Price||$610.87||May 4, 2022|
Last price changes
|$916.85||May 23, 2022|
|$908.26||May 10, 2022|
|$610.87||May 4, 2022|
|$614.90||May 3, 2022|
|$873.53||May 2, 2022|
The Champion Power Equipment 100573 4000-Watt DH Series Open Frame Inverter is one of the most advanced equipment in the market. This inverter generator is packed with significant features, with the inclusion of innovative design and technology. Moreover, the Champion 100573 is an excellent option for light-duty use at job sites and home backup power. Read complete Champion 100573 Review or buy from Amazon.
Specification: Champion 100573 – Portable Inverter Generator
10 reviews for Champion 100573 – Portable Inverter Generator
- Wireless remote start technology
- It is RV-ready and can easily power an RV air conditioner.
- Ultra-quiet technology and extended run time.
- It is designed in a way to disable remote function post 12 hours of usage.
- This generator is steeper in terms of price.