[wpsm_update label=” You should know that”]Before starting this Honda eu2200i Review we test a few other inverters as well. Including Westinghouse iGen2200, Generac 7117 Gp2200I, and Briggs & Stratton P2400. [/wpsm_update]
Honda EU2200i has a user-friendly design and is a highly portable inverter generator. Today we are going to make another Honda eu2200i Review. It features the fuel shutoff, low noise level, and larger parts specifically for oil. The step color-coded system guides you through ways of starting the generator with manual recoil. This model also has a power upgrade with surge power of Honda 2200 watts and 1800 watts as running power.
Honda eu2200i with Co-Minder Features
Generally, inverter generators house less power compared to regular fuel-powered generators. As a result, newer models like the Honda EU2200i provide parallel capabilities. The model has a wide variety of parallel capabilities to another EU2200i model, EB2200i and EU2000i old model. We have two connectors that allow parallel operations to achieve double wattage watts of power 4400. Honda eu2200i weight 54 Pounds.
The EU2000i is a super quiet inverter generator that operates at a very low noise level. It operates between 48 and 57 dB noise level, low noise compared to normal conversation. Therefore, it is suitable for supplemental RV, camping, and other activities that need a quiet operation.
Honda EU2200i inverter generator is a popular model. It has the strength of operating a wide selection of different appliances. Therefore, it is a portable inverter generator to use at home, on job sites, camping, and much more. The Honda EU2200i, therefore, is a reliable inverter generator.
The Honda inverter generator has an exclusive Eco-Throttle System that provides high fuel efficiency. Depending on the kind of load, the generator runs for 4.0 to 9.6 hours on a fuel tank. The inverter generators, therefore, suit overnight uses and long-time applications.
The generator’s inverter technology provides stable and clean power that comes in a smaller and lighter package. The technology ensures that the inverter generator produces reliable power similar to what you can get from usual home outlets.
The ideal Honda EU2200i inverter generator features a 121cc GXR120 engine, originally designed to suit heavy-duty industrial equipment. It is naturally lightweight and tranquil and yet produces decent power.
The fuel tank of this generator is quite small, and generally, small fuel tanks deliver short run-time of generators. However, the EU2200i energy efficiency compensates for this issue, and you can run it overnight or for a longer time.
This Honda model doesn’t have the push start. Instead, it has an improved manual recoil system and a control knob. You require very little force to start the engine through an automatic mechanical decompressor. Even a novice generator owner can start it. The generator has all the controls put together at the generator’s side to access them easily. The front of the generator features an all-in-one control panel, user-friendly with multiple models and features.
Also, Honda comprises low fuel shutoff features. When the inverter generator runs low on fuel, it automatically shuts off to prevent possible damage to the engine.
It also includes an automatic circuit breaker that switches off the generator in case of danger overload or unstable power. The Honda EU2200i features a larger oil opening and larger spout with an oil drain gutter. The reason for this is to make the oil changing process a lot easier.
User-friendly features on this upgraded Honda EU2200i model helps in preventing damage and easier maintenance.
The generator features a LED light tree in the control panel, functioning as an indicator system. It helps in the easy detection of generator’s problems.
When the top LED illuminates, it indicates a low oil level so that you can refill the oil to stop damaging the internals. Middle LED illuminates only when the generator has an overload, and an alarm sounds for you to adjust wattage demands. The green LED light shows an output indicator that continues to illuminate when the generator supplies power correctly.
What I like more about the Honda eu2200i
- Has the potential of operating several appliances, perfect for home use, on-job site, camping, and so on
- Very quiet, operating at just 48-57 dB noise level, great for both indoor and outdoor use
- Allows you to parallel two identical generators for greater power
- Good fuel tank efficiency
- Variety of appliances
- Stable, clean power
What I don’t like about the Honda eu2200i
- Lacks fuel gauge
- Has only one starting system
Honda eu2200i Review Conclusion
Overall, Honda EU2200i appears a reliable generator that features above standards even though it is not revolutionary. This inverter generator doesn’t have a technical aspect that other inverter generators in the same category have. However, you get all the basic technical features of Honda needed for an inverter generator. Honda EU2200i needs just a few improvements to make it a top-class inverter generator of this category.
It is hard to dislike this inverter generator because it has all the features you need from an inverter generator. It is a high-end inverter generator in terms of design, low fuel consumption, and quiet. Buy from amazon
Common FAQ about Honda eu2200i
Which is better Generac or honda generator?
The Generac inverter generator is a little bit quieter on the Econo mode than the Honda. Both Generac and Honda models are the most silent motor-powered generators we can get.
The Honda generators and Generac generators are very similar. They both have several outlets on them.
The Generac 2000 generator has a low power mode. That’s the quietest model. You can even bring it camping and not be a nuisance to others.
In the normal mode, it’s going to be very similar to the Honda. And on the turbo mode, which is for loads with motors, it’s going to be the loudest.
what is the difference between honda eu2000i and eu2200i?
The main difference between the 2 models is Honda eu2200i can provide us with 200 more watts than eu2000i.
How many hours will a honda eu2200i last?
By using a single gallon tank, honda eu2200i can run up to 8.9 hours. But when using at full power the entire time, a tank of gas will run for 4 hours.
What can a honda eu2200i run?
As Honda eu2200i provides 1800 watts as running power, we can run almost every piece of electrical equipment we want. Here Are Just A Few Possibilities:
- Refrigerator or Freezer. Small RV Air Conditioner, Small Room Air Conditioner.
- Even Server Computer, Printer, Modem, Router.
- Kitchen Appliances like Coffee Maker or Microwave or Electric Frying Pan.
- Phone Chargers & Tool Chargers. Sump Pump or Dehumidifier. Power Tools like Drill, Grinder, Sawzall. Fans & Lights.
- Garage Door Opener.
[wpsm_woolist data_source=”ids” ids=”1315″]
Honda 663520 EU2200i 2,200 Watt Portable Inverter Generator with Co-Minder
- More Power. Same Legendary Quality. - The EU2200i delivers 10% more power than the previous EU2000i - enabling you to power more of what you need, in the same lightweight, compact package. The EU2200i gives you the power to get more done.
- Co-minder - Advanced Carbon Monoxide Detection System. CO-MINDER continuously monitors carbon monoxide (CO) levels. It automatically shuts down the generator before detected CO levels near the generator become dangerously high.
- Honda My Generator App + Bluetooth Capability - Honda's exclusive My Generator smartphone app offers remote generator operation and monitoring with impressive performance. The app includes wireless stop and operation monitoring.
- Lightweight And Compact - Weighing just over 47 pounds, the EU2200i is incredibly lightweight and portable. Thanks to Honda's inverter technology, it's easy to transport and store.
- Commercial Grade Reliability - The EU2200i is powered by the Honda GXR120 Commercial Series engine. At 121cc, the GXR120 is at the top of its class - ensuring the EU2200 always produces the power you need to get the job done.