Welcome to Kohler 20rescl Review. The Kohler Generator model 20RESCL-SELS is a 20-kilowatt air-cooled standby generator that provides electrical power to your home in the event of a power outage. Norwall Power Systems sells the 20RESCL-SELS in a package with Kohler’s RTX 200 service-rated automatic transfer switch to provide your home with emergency electrical power whenever utility power is interrupted.
It meets emission specifications set forth by the EPA and the California Air Resources Board (CARB) and can operate on either LP gas or natural gas. The standby generator starts and runs automatically during an outage without intervention to keep your home supplied with power, even if you are not home. Includes the OnCue Plus Generator System for remote monitoring at home or anywhere around the world.
Why Kohler 20rescl Generator is a good Generator?
The 20RESCL-SELS will run on either LP gas (propane) or natural gas, and the conversion is made in the field at the time of installation. LP gas offers a higher power capability of up to 20 kilowatts versus 18 kilowatts for natural gas. The generator consumes 3.7 gallons of LP gas or 281 cubic feet of natural gas at maximum load every hour. At half load, consumption is reduced to 2.2 gallons of LP gas or 161 cubic feet of natural gas. Fuel consumption depends on the load, and as the load varies from minute to minute, so does the amount of fuel used.
Kohler’s Command Pro CH1000 air-cooled engine with hydraulic lifters powers the generator. The 999 cc V-Twin attains a maximum of 32 horsepower, easily turning the generating unit at 3600 rpm under full load conditions. This engine uses a fully pressurized oil lubrication system that holds three quarts of oil and includes an integrated oil cooling unit, both features offer extended, unattended run times. The maintenance schedule for oil and oil filter changes is 150 hours of run time annually, and air filters and sparks plugs are 300 hours annually.
The RTX 200 amp transfer switch works directly with the DC2 controller onboard the generator. The transfer switch continuously monitors the utility line for electrical current and provides the data to the controller. When utility power is interrupted or falls below acceptable levels, a short delay before the engine start prevents the generator from starting during a momentary outage. The generator engine starts reaching operating speed, and the transfer switch moves the home’s power source to the generator.
After utility power is restored, the home is moved back onto utility power, the generator goes through an engine cool-down cycle, and then shuts down. The RTX-JFNC-200ASE 200 amp service entrance automatic transfer switch with load shed kit installed with NEMA 3R aluminum enclosure. The load shed kit monitors generator current and frequency to determine when to shed loads. Two HVAC relays to control two independent air conditioner loads are included.
The RDC2 controller works with the included transfer switch to automatically provide power during an outage. It includes a four-button operator interface with an LCD and LED indicators. The display provides a scrolling system status that includes eight functions that include generator status, voltage and frequency, and maintenance reminders. More than seventy diagnostic messages for the engine, alternator, transfer switch, load control module, and programmable interface module are displayed. The included Ethernet port allows Kohler’s On Cue software to monitor and control the generator.
Appearance and Noise
The 20RESCL-SELS has a sound dampening polymer housing that will not rust or corrode, even in harsh environments. The device measures 48 inches wide, 26 inches wide, and 29 inches high. The top of the housing is a hinged lid that is lockable for easy access to the controller. Underneath the lockable cover is a second cover that can be lifted to access the dipstick and filler, oil filter, and other generator components. The noise rating of 69 dB is comparable to many central air conditioning units’ amount of noise.
RTX-JFNC-200ASE, the automatic transfer switch for 200 amp load with load shed kit installed, Nema 3R aluminum housing (outdoor/indoor rating).
Flexible Fuel Line Connector:
Please check the device manufacturer’s specifications for actual power requirements. Consult a Kohler Power Systems professional to calculate the exact requirements for your home power system. Local purchase of a 12-volt Group 51 battery with a minimum of 500 Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) is required.
Warranty Coverage: Stationary standby applications used in support of a commercial service source: five (5) years from the registration start date (or, if there is no start date, the date of purchase by the original end-user) or 2000 hours (whichever is comes first). Start-up service is not included; your local Kohler dealer can provide a start-up price.
- 20,000-watt air-cooled generator automatically starts up when the power goes out
- Includes 200 Amp whole-house, service entrance rated, load shedding, automatic transfer switch
- Fast response–the power to your home in 10 seconds; premium power quality; quiet operation
- 100% corrosion-proof enclosure offers protection from even the harshest seaside conditions
- Measures 48 by 26.2 by 29 inches; 5-year/2000-hour limited warranty Battery type needed – Group 51
Kohler 20rescl Price History
Kohler 20RESCL-200SELS Air-Cooled Standby Generator, Your Other Warehouse - Lawn & Garden
November 16, 2022
June 15, 2022
June 15, 2022
Last price changes
June 15, 2022
June 15, 2022
If you find this Kohler 20rescl Review helpful then do not forget to share it with others.
People who help us to review Kohler 20rescl
This is Alex Behind this Best Generator Review. I have completed my Diploma in Electrical & Advanced Electrical from Apex Technical School, NYC. The School curriculum covers an introduction to the National Electric Code and includes an emphasis on electrical safety, breakers and fuses, blueprints, grounding, outlets, splicing, and bonding. Besides my job, I like to spend my time testing and playing with different electrical devices. Generators are one of my favorite machines.
Read more on this topic
- The Best Generator For RV Air ConditionerLooking for the best Generator for RV Air conditioners? We know choosing an RV generator can be a difficult process. Many people question how much…
- Cheapest Generator – Small Power GeneratorThere are so many different types of generators on the market, so you may not know which one suits your needs. As a result, we’ve…
- 6 Best Standby Generator For Home UseChoosing the best backup generator for your home is one of the most important things you can do to help protect your family in an…
- Generac 6998 Generator ReviewWelcome to Generac 6998 Generator Review. The new Generac 6998 7.5 kW PowerPactTM Home Standby Generator delivers the same quality and affordability that homeowners and…
- 3 Best Inverter Generator For RV Air ConditionersAfter we wrote about the Best Quiet Generator for Camping, we’ve had a few people ask us to compare the best inverter generator for RV…
- How To Break In A Generator: Pro GuideSome new users of a generator may not know about breaking into it. This practice is said to help increase the generator’s lifespan when pursued…