Westinghouse iGen4500 Review: Welcome! The carbon monoxide sensors have fitted all of Westinghouse’s new models. Having this information makes this 4500-watt inverter generator even more appealing. Excellent news. A gas-only variant or a dual-fuel generator model (iGen4500DFc / see above) is available. Westinghouse is a fantastic company to work for.
You can’t go wrong with Westinghouse right now. The iGen4500 is one of the company’s best lineup generators. The iGen4500c is an improved version of the iGen4500, a much more portable generator that still delivers 3700W of clean electricity when needed. And it looks exactly like the original, too. Make sure you get the exact model you desire before you buy it.
Who can use this Generator?
A quiet and portable inverter generator, the Westinghouse iGen4500 is primarily designed for:
- Travelers with recreational vehicles (RVs) who want to improve their trip
- A small number of people regularly participate in outdoor fairs, festivals, and activities.
- When a power outage occurs, homeowners need a way to keep their needs powered up.
- Tailgaters and campers who want to enjoy power everywhere they go.
In the following sections, we’ll analyze the device’s power characteristics, the number of outlets it may use, its portability, and other features, including information on its emissions compliance.
Comparison Between Westinghouse iGen4500 and Others
- Power: 3500 Watts / 4500 Watts
- Engine: 4-stroke 212cc OHV
- Run-time: 14 Hours @ 25% Load
- Noise Level: 61 dBA
- Outlets: 1 – 120V 30A, 2 – 120V 20A, 12V 8A DC
- Fuel Tank: 2.3 Gallons
- Size: 23.2 x 17.7 x 20.1 Inches
- Weight: 97 Pounds
- Parallel Ready: Yes
- Warranty: 3-Year
- User Rating: – 4.60 Out of 5 – 4.6K Customers
- Expert Score: – 4.70 Out of 5
- Power: 3700 Watts / 4500 Watts
- Engine: 224cc
- Run-time: 12 Hours
- Noise Level: 63 dBA
- Outlets: 1 – 120V 20A, 1 – 120V 30A, 1 – 12V 8A DC, 1 – USB port
- Fuel Tank: 3.2 Gallons
- Size: 27.5 x 21 x 23.5 Inches
- Weight: 108 Pounds
- Parallel Ready: Yes
- Warranty: 3-Year
- User Rating: – 3.90 Out of 5 – 30+ Customers
- Expert Score: – 4.00 Out of 5
- Power: 3500 Watts / 4500 Watts
- Engine: 208cc
- Run-time: 15 hours
- Noise Level: 70 dBA
- Outlets: 2 – 120V 20A, 1 – 120/240V AC Twist Lock, 120V 30A RV
- Fuel Tank: 4 Gallons
- Size: 28 x 19 x 18 Inches
- Weight: 106 Pounds
- Parallel Ready: No
- Warranty: 2-Year
- User Rating: – 3.60 Out of 5 – 5+ Customers
- Expert Score: – 3.70 Out of 5
How much power can we get, and How much time can this Generator run?
Fueled by gasoline, the Westinghouse iGen4500’s 224-cc (7.3-hp) OHV 4-stroke engine produces 120V. It has an operating wattage of 3700 watts and a peak wattage of 4500 watts, respectively. A parallel kit (opens in a new tab) is omitted, but the generator can be linked to a second unit for additional power.
The inverter generator has a noise level limit of 52 decibels (dBA) (slightly noisier than a quiet suburb). In addition to the more traditional pull-start method, an attractive and easy electric starter is employed (battery included). The iGen4500 can also be remotely started for ease of use (key fob included).
A full tank of 3.4 gallons of fuel allows the iGen4500 to run for up to 18 hours on a single charge (fuel usage of 0.19 GPH).
This AC adapter’s clean sine wave has a THD (Total Harmonic Disruption) of less than 3 percent, making it suitable for connecting sensitive gadgets.
Number of Outlets
The following three AC outlets can be found on the panel’s control panel:
- 20 amps of 120 volts (5-20R)
- Recessed 120V 30A power supply (TT-30R)
You can charge your mobile phone or tablet with two 5V USB ports located on the back of the device.
The TT-30R receptacle (TT stands for “Travel Trailer”) on this Westinghouse generator is RV-ready.
Portability of the Generator
Its closed-frame design (L24.5 x W17.5 x H20 in) gives it an aesthetic edge over open-frame devices like the Westinghouse iGen4500. The style is up-to-date and ideal for generating power for personal use.
Despite being referred to as “portable” due to its weight of 104.7 lbs, moving or carrying the generator manually may be difficult (movable). However, this lack of maneuverability is made up for by its two wheels (about 5.5″) and telescopic handle, which make it easy to transfer once it’s on the ground.
Features we like about this machine
Westinghouse iGen4500 control panel incorporates a digital data center that provides information on the remaining run time, lifespan run hours, power output, voltage, and fuel level, which helps monitor the device’s operation and status.
In addition to this information, a light indicator tells you if the generator is overloaded.
Overload protection (circuit breaker) and an automated low oil shut-off ensure the generator can be used confidently.
The Westinghouse iGen4500 also comes with accessories: a key fob, a battery charger, oil, a tool kit, and a funnel. Separately, a storage cover can be purchased.
The guarantee on the Westinghouse iGen4500 lasts up to three years. There may be a limit to this guarantee, and it may not cover all generator components.
Please refer to Westinghouse’s warranty policies for further information on the warranty of Westinghouse generators (opens in a new tab). You can also get in touch with their Customer Support department.
Westinghouse iGen4500 comparison with other
Westinghouse iGen4500 is shown against those of similar-sized generators in the figures below for context (between 3500 and 4500 W).
- The Westinghouse iGen4500’s dry weight of 104.7 pounds places it in the typical weight range for devices with a rated output of 3500 to 4500 watts or higher. Weighing in at just 66.1 pounds, the WEN GN400i takes the cake as one of the top performers in this power class.
- The inverter generator has a noise level of 52 dBA, making it one of the quietest.
- A full tank of iGen4500 may last up to 18 hours on a 25% load, which is in the middle of the range for generators of similar power. The Champion 200914, with a runtime of up to 22 hours, is one of the generators with similar power output and the maximum level of autonomy.
- Even though run times are critical, they are heavily influenced by the vehicle’s fuel capacity. We need to consider the generator’s fuel consumption to get a complete picture. At a 25% load, the fuel consumption of this inverter generator is estimated to be around 0.19 GPH (gallon per hour), making it an average device compared to others with similar power. Aside from the previously mentioned fuel economy, you may also want to check out the vehicle’s emissions.
Westinghouse iGen4500 Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator
$899.00 in stock
Westinghouse iGen4500 Portable Generator Price History
Westinghouse iGen4500 Super Quiet Portable Inverter Generator, Westinghouse
March 17, 2023
October 13, 2022
November 14, 2022
Last price changes
March 16, 2023
March 15, 2023
March 13, 2023
March 8, 2023
March 4, 2023
Westinghouse iGen4500 Review Summary
The iGen4500 model from Westinghouse is an Inverter generator that you can have for many years. You will find this generator useful and easy to enjoy whenever you need a different energy source. If you face a power outage in your house or go camping, it is an item to bring with you. Welcome to the Westinghouse iGen4500 Review post.