Nowadays, compact portable generators are everywhere. Generators like Westinghouse WGen5300s are being used as backup power supplies or at a large-scale construction area for extra power. Either way, high power generators are a necessity for many companies, businesses, and households. Choosing the best inverter generator requires that you know the power output you need.
Therefore, an excellent high-performance generator is precisely the best option for such requirements. There is a demand for large amounts of power in remote areas as electricity lines are not accessible.
That is where the Westinghouse WGen5300s comes in. It is everything an average consumer requires in a generator. It exchanges overall low costs with high performance. Besides, the large 4.7-gallon fuel tank gives the generator the ability to produce high power. This will let it be used in remote areas where electricity is not readily available. The rubber covers around the generator’s electrical outlets are a bonus as an extra precautionary measure for better safety for the consumer when operating the generator.
The main power-producing engine in the generator is the four strokes 274 ccs Westinghouse. It is provided in a cast iron sleeve. There is a built-in safety measure for engine shutdown. This option is used when there is low oil available to prevent any damage to the unit. It has been tested at the development facilities of Westinghouse portable generators for oil leaks.
Westinghouse WGen5300s generator offers:
- Two 5-20R 20A 120V Outlet
- One 120/240 Volt Switch Selector
- A TT-30R 30A 120V outlet
- One L14-30R 30A 120/240V twist-lock outlet
Being a CARB-certified product, the Westinghouse WGen5300s is, without a doubt, the lowest air polluting generator in its category. It produces 5300 watts at a steady load with occasional surges of up to 6600 watts. This greatly depends on the variation of the loads attached to the generator. It has also been tested and made EPA secure.
The long runtime of 13.5 hours is a good add-on for this generator. This is estimated based on its steady power of about 5300 watts with some spikes of up to 6600 watts. This wide range of power production ensures its compatibility with construction equipment. It will allow you to power a house that has a Westinghouse WGen5300s as its backup power supply.
Westinghouse WGen5300s Key Features:
- Running Watts: 5300 Watts
- Surge Watts: 6600 Watts
- Runtime: 13.5 hours
- Tank Size: 4.7 gallon
- Voltage: 120/240 V selector
Westinghouse WGen5300s Quick Start Guide
Before starting this Westinghouse WGen5300s we need to follow these steps. Hope this can help you.
Install Feet to Frame
- Tip the generator onto the muffler side
- Install the mounting feet to the frame using M8 flange bolts.
- Install the axle pin, wheel, and washer through the axle bracket on the frame
- Install the hairpin cotter through the axle pin to lock it in place.
Add Engine Oil
- Remove oil fill plug/dipstick.
- Using the supplied 4-cycle engine oil and funnel, slowly add engine oil to the engine until full.
- Replace oil fill plug/dipstick
Add Unleaded Gasoline to Gas Tank
- Unscrew the gas cap on top of the tank and insert a clean funnel into the tank.
- Slowly add gasoline into the fuel tank. The gasoline level should NOT be higher than the filler neck.
- Secure gas cap
How to start Westinghouse WGen5300s?
- Make sure the generator is OUTSIDE in a well-ventilated dry area and at least 15 ft from any doors, windows, or vents.
- Confirm battery leads are connected to corresponding terminals and then connect the battery using battery quick connect.
- Make sure nothing is plugged into power outlets.
- Make sure the circuit breakers are properly set to operating.
- Move the fuel valve to the ON position.
- Move the choke lever to the ON position. If the engine is warm turn the lever to the OFF position.
- For electric Start: Push and hold the engine control switch in the position. Once the engine starts, release. For Manual Start: Firmly grasp and pull the recoil handle slowly until you feel increased resistance. At this point, apply a rapid pull while pulling up and slightly away from the generator.
- After the engine starts wait 5 seconds then gradually move the choke lever back to the OFF position.
- Plug-in electronic devices.
Westinghouse WGen5300s Reviews Conclusion
The high operational costs are all based on the fact that this inverter generator manages to consume a whole lot of fuel. While this may benefit you in some ways more than others, you will find this to be a drawback at times. The high performance with excellent power ensures maximum efficiency. So, if you were to make a choice, know that it is worth your dime.
The high-end inverter generators are all introducing USB ports as available outlets. While the appeal is trendy, you will find that this generator can easily accommodate USB cable devices with a plug. The availability of multiple outlets makes this a minor inconvenience. You can easily plug your electronic devices in. This makes the inverter generator fully equipped to cater to all your portable power needs. Find infographics about Westinghouse WGen5300s on Pinterest.
This generator checks all the boxes. If you are looking for a big generator to run your air conditioning, well pump, fans and lights then it's an awesome choice for you, No only that it's amazing a generator with great customer service.
- Capable of producing high amounts of power with maximum efficiency
- WGen5300s certified by CARB as a low pollution emitting generator.
- A large 4.7-gallon fuel tank allows the generator to operate for up to 13.5 hours.
- Overall operating cost is larger due to its high fuel consumption.
- Does not have USB ports
|Price history for Westinghouse WGen5300s Storm Portable Generator with Electric Start and 120/240 Volt Selector 5300 Rated 6600 Peak Watts Gas Powered, CARB Compliant, RV and Transfer Switch Ready|